Auditions For Our More Than Marvelous 2018-2019 Season
Auditions will be at Good Acting Studio 507 Roswell Rd : For the Carmen Rivera’s LA Gringa
MUSICALS AND PLAYS: If you are wanting to audition and be considered for a musical AND one of our plays, audition information is below:
WHEN: March25th @ 6pm-9pm
Monday April 1st @ 6pm-9pm
The play audition will start at 6:00pm. Dress comfortably. Please prepare a 60-90 second monologue and bring a hardcopy of your headshot and resume. You will need to sign up for at 6:00pm to 8 pm time slot to be considered. Please email the box office at email@example.com call us at 770-426-4800to sign up for an audition time.
Auditions on March 31st for our plays will be from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Call Backs on April 1st will be from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Please bring a hardcopy of your headshot and resume. Please email the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org call us at 770-426-4800 to sign up for an audition time.
We look forward to seeing you! Below you’ll find breakdowns for each play and its characters:
Maria Elena Garcia “La Gringa” goes to visit her family in Puerto Rico for the first time during the Christmas holidays and arrives with plans to connect with her homeland. Maria has had an intense love for the island and even majored in Puerto Rican Studies in college. Once there Maria realizes that Puerto Rico does not welcome her with open arms. The majority of the islander consider her an American – a gringa. Ifshe’s a Puerto Rican in the US and an American in PR, Maria concludes that she is nobody everywhere. Manolo, spiritually teaches her thatidentity isn’t based on superficial and external definitions, but rather is an essence that she has had all along in her heart.
Casting Latinx *LA GRINGA* Casting Latinx
IRIS MONCHI VICTOR
– Early 20s, Puerto Rican-American woman, born and raised in New York City. She’s considered a “Nuyorican.” Maria is young and naïve.
MANOLO – Late 60s, Maria’s Uncle / Norma’s Sister. He had dreams of pursuing acting when he was young. Although he is very ill and near death he possesses a
very “lively” spirit and a great sense of humor.
– Late 50s, Maria’s Aunt / Iris’ Mother / Manolo’sSister/ Victor’s Wife. She has never left the island to pursue her dreams. She lives with bitterness and resentment in her spirit.
– Early 20s, Maria’s cousin. Born and raised in Puerto Rico and has never left the island. She is very extroverted and a bit jealous of her cousin Maria.
– Early 20s, A neighbor. He has an entrepreneurial spirit – he started his own farm and falls in love with Maria.
– Late 50s, Norma’s Husband / Isis’ Father. He possesses a great deal of positive energy and has a huge capacity for love.
Monday – March 25th @ 6p – 9p
Monday – April 1st @ 6p – 8p (Callbacks)
Good Acting Studio 507 Roswell Street NE Marietta, GA 30060
Contract: Non-Equity with Stipend
Seeking: Spanish Speaking Latinx Identified Actors
Rehearsals: Sept. 21st – Oct. 6th (15 Rehearsals) Tech Week: Oct. 7th -10th (Full Cast & Crew) Performances: Marietta’s Theatre in the Square Oct 11th – 27th Fri. / Sat. @ 8pm; Sun. @ 3pm
Send your Headshot & Resume to:
Subject Line: LA GRINGA – Role